Professor Jiong Wu, Distinguished Professor of Fudan University and Ph.D. supervisor, obtained M.D. degree from Shanghai Medical School, Fudan University (Former Shanghai Medical University) in 1998. He presently serves as Vice President of Fudan University Shanghai Cancer Center; Vice Chairman of Breast Cancer Society, Chinese Anti-Cancer Association; Designate Chairman of Breast Cancer Society, Shanghai Anti-Cancer Association; Vice Chairman of Tumor Targeted Therapy Committee, Shanghai Medical Association. Prof. Wu was academic visitor for breast cancer basic research at UCLA in 1998 supporting by UICC ICRETT fund. He also had an opportunity for professional development of stage I breast reconstruction at M.D. Anderson Center (Texas, Houston, USA) in 2004. He has published nearly 200 papers about breast cancer research, and over 70 of which is included by SCI acting as the first author or corresponding author. Prof. Wu has been awarded with National Prize of Science and Technology Progress, Grade II (clinical and basic research of breast cancer); Prize of Science and Technology Progress of Shanghai Government, Grade II and III; He hosted and actualized in over 10 key research projects including National Natural Science Foundation, 973 Project, China-EU Collaboration Project and other provincial or ministerial projects.
Prof. Wu engages in clinical and basic research for breast cancer. His researches mainly focus on susceptibility marker (gene, mi-RNA etc.) of breast cancer early diagnosis, prognosis and predictive of therapy response and new technology of breast surgery such as sentinel lymph node biopsy, breast reconstruction and onco-plastic surgery
1. New Physician Star Award/ Advanced Workers Award, Shanghai Health Department(2000)
2. Century Star Award, Fudan University(2000)
3. Secondary Prize Award (the 3rd co-author), Shanghai Scientific and Technological Progression Award(2002)
4. Secondary Prize Award (the 3rd co-author), Shanghai Scientific and Technological Progression Award(2003)
5. Secondary Prize Award (the 4th co-author), Shanghai Scientific and Technological Progression Award(2004)
6. Secondary Prize Award (the 3rd co-author), the State Scientific and Technological Progression Award(2004)
7. Nomination, Shanghai Foundation for Eminent Youth Award for Health Care System(2007)
8. Sackler Chinese Physician Award(2008)
9. Third Prize Award, Shanghai Foundation for Eminent Youth Award for Health Care System(2009)
10. Third Prize Award (the 1st co-author), Shanghai Medical Scientific and Technological Progression Award (2010)
11. First Prize Award (the 5th co-author), Shanghai Scientific and Technological Progression Award(2011)
12. Secondary Prize Award (the 3rd co-author), the Science and Technological Award of CACA(2012)
13. Third Prize Award (the 3rd co-author), Chinese Medical Scientific and Technological Award(2012)
1.Sheng Huang#, Yayun Chi#, Yi Qin#, Ziliang Wang, Bingqiu Xiu, Yonghui Su, Rong Guo, Liang Guo, Hefen Sun, Chujia Zeng, Shuling Zhou, Xin Hu, Sheng Liu, Zhimin Shao, Zhaohui Wu, Wei Jin, Jiong Wu*. CAPG enhances breast cancer metastasis by competing with PRMT5 to modulate STC-1 transcription. Theranostics 2018; 8(9): 2549-2564.
2.Xue J#, Chi Y#, Chen Y, Huang S, Ye X, Niu J, Wang W, Pfeffer L M, Shao Z-M, Wu Z-H*, Wu J*. MiRNA-621 sensitizes breast cancer to chemotherapy by suppressing FBXO11 and enhancing p53 activity. Oncogene, 2016; 35(4):448-458.
3.Niu, J#, Xue A, Chi Y, Xue J, Wang W, Zhao Z, Fan M, Yang CH, Shao Z-M, Pfeffer L M, Wu J*, Wu Z-H*. Induction of miRNA-181a by genotoxic treatments promotes chemotherapeutic resistance and metastasis in breast cancer. Oncogene, 2016 Mar 10; 35(10):1302-13.
4.Chen Jia-ying#, Chen Jia-jian, Xue Jing-yan, Chen Ying, Liu Guang-yu, Han Qi-xia, Yang Wen-tao, Shen Zhen-zhou, Shao Zhi-min, Wu Jiong*. Predicting Non-sentinel Lymph Node Metastasis in a Chinese Breast Cancer Population with 1-2 Positive Sentinel Nodes: Development and Assessment of a New Predictive Nomogram. World J Surg, 2015; 39(12):2919-2927.
5.Huang Naisi#,Chen Jiajian, Xue Jingyan, Yu Baohua, Chen Yanqiong, Yang Wentao, Shao Zhimin, Wu Jiong*. Breast Sclerosing Adenosis and Accompanying Malignancies: A Clinicopathological and Imaging Study in a Chinese Population. Medicine (Baltimore), 2015; 94(49):e2298-e2298.